Lesson 1: Don't Neglect the UX: Balance Functionality Testing with Usability Testing
Test for usability
- Good Usability = Increased Sellability
Without good usability
- People problems > Technical problems
- Clear documentation
- Helpful Error messages
- Unique Error Codes
- Unique Errors
- Jargons and Abbreviations Documented
Avoid abrupt breaking changes
- Mark API's deprecated
- Lesson 2: Solve the Problem, don’t just chase Trends: Choose Tools Wisely
Key Parameters for Tool Selection
- Supported protocols and standards
- The tool should enable your testability
- The tool has good documentation and a supportive community.
- Integrates with existing systems
Adaptable to changes
- New technologies
- Changes in market
- Lesson 3: Unleash Pairing: Collaborate to Innovate
Pairing with developers
- Share knowledge
- Technical Skills
- Identify potential risks and challenges
- Fosters innovation
- Preventing bugs over fixing them
- Share your testing plans and results with the developers.
- Ask for their input
- Debrief your test strategy
- Talk about testability
- Document your test automation solutions
Collaborate with Curiosity
- What have you tested already?
- What testing is remaining?
- How are you mocking the API for your development?
- Do you have some tools that I can also use?
- Can we add this feature to enable testability?
- What are you worried about?
- Do you want me to deep test certain areas?
Key Improvements & Impact
Don't Neglect the UX: Balance Functionality Testing with Usability Testing
Focus on usability
- clear and easy-to-follow
- helpful error messages
- unique error codes,
- avoiding breaking
- Increased the selling potential
- Improved feedback
Solve the Problem, don’t just chase Trends: Choose Tools Wisely
- Conduct Tool Analysis
Looking for Key Parameters
- supported protocols
- Deep Testing
Unleash Pairing: Collaborate to Innovate
- Prevent bugs
- Checklists for areas to be tested
- Involve whole team into testing
- Focus: Task Completion-> Quality Consciousness