Prolonged latent phase....Frequent Uterine Contractions, not effective, decrease placental perfusion,
- Therapeutic rest 4 - 6 hours
- Give medications i.e. sedatives, epidural
- Active Phase of Labor 5-6 cm
- Weak, poor, spaced out ineffective contractions, d/t overdistended uterus, aneasthsia,
- Oxytocin use, Mechanical, Surgical, Pharmacological.
- Bishop Score: Cervical dilation, effacement, station, cervix position and consistency
- DYSTOCIA: Dysfunction of the 5 Ps, plusAneasthia, epidural, multiples, hydramnios, maternal fatigue, OP, Long first stage, Primip, short stature, macrosomnia, shoulder dystocia, obesity, post dates,